Womenade Financial Assistance
THE NEXT GRANT CYCLE WILL BEGIN January 2, 2024 AND WILL CLOSE January 15, 2024.
What is Womenade?
Womenade provides financial assistance through one-time grants of up to $500. Womenade works to help individuals who are otherwise self-sufficient and are experiencing a temporary set-back or financial hardship. Womenade is not a long-term solution. We fulfill short-term needs that may make a difference in the quality of someone’s life, in the interest of building stronger community. One recipient will be chosen per application period by a selection committee.
Applicants must reside in our service area of Catawba, Burke, Caldwell, or Alexander counties.
Are there income requirements?
No. There are no specific requirements to apply. However, we do ask basic financial information as part of the application. This allows the selection committee to see the true impact the request would have on the applicant’s financial situation.
What can I apply for?
Examples of needs that will be considered are as follow:
- Car repairs. Must provide an estimate explanation of how the remainder of the expense will be covered, if applicable. WRC may ask for an additional estimate if needed
- Mental Health Counseling Copays for a temporary period. Application must include verification from provider that applicant is under their care.
- Balances on child care fees. Must include explanation of how payments will be covered after funds are exhausted. Provider cannot be a friend/family member/etc.
- Equipment needs (i.e.: laptop) to further education. Will not cover direct tuition or text book costs.
- Equipment needs to maintain supplemental income (ex: sewing machine to supplement income as a seamstress)
- Other needs, as determined by the selection committee
Needs that are NOT covered:
- Rent or utilities are NOT covered
- Housing/rental deposits are NOT covered
- Past due credit and/or medical bills are NOT covered
- Car insurance coverages are NOT covered
Upcoming Application Periods
- January 3, 2024 - application due by Jan 17th
- March 5, 2024 - application due by March 19th
- May 1, 2024 - application due by May 15th
- July 9, 2024 - application due by July 23rd
- Sept. 4, 2024 - application due by Sept 18th
- Nov. 5, 2024 - application due by Nov 19th
Applications will not be reviewed until the application period closes. The selection committee will then choose the recipient(s) for that period, and payment will be dispersed as soon as possible, after review.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE that the following information is REQUIRED in order to complete the application process:
- Verification of need and cost from the providing organization or business
- A copy of the vendor's estimate or invoice (must be on vendor letterhead)
- A personal reference letter from someone who can verify the need (reference CANNOT be from a family member)
Additional verification may be needed, and will be provided upon request
Existing WRC clients, please use the following link to complete your on-line application: Existing Client Application
If you are NOT YET a registered as a WRC client, please use the following link to apply: New Client Application
To request a paper application, please call our office at 828.322.6333